Allen & Heath ZED R16 Firewire Mixer
The best per forming preamp in Allen & Heath`s entire range is packaged with a high quality analogue to Firewire inter face and the most extensive EQ on any mixer at this price point (or even twice the price!) An analogue channel strip so well featured, which sounds this good, is a real find at this level.
The Allen & Heath ZE ZED-R16 combines an analogue recording mixer with a FireWire soundcard, MIDI controls and ingenious `home-studio` routing so you can build tracks in the studio,record live gigs, mix-down,remix` all through warm analogue circuitry,4 band fully parametric classic British EQ and out to crisp, precise digital format.
The internal soundcard features 18 FireWire inputs and 18 outputs plus 16 ADAT I/O. Each channel on the mixer has its own independent soundcard channel so instruments can be recorded simultaneously (pre or post EQ) and into the sequencer separately. To minimise clock jitter and provide synchronicity between the ZED-R16 and other devices, the mixer is equipped with the professional JetPLL`™ digital audio chipset
- FireWire flexibility - the digital audio connections are all present on the rear of the desk. Two FireWire connectors allow the ZED-R16 to be connected to a personal computer whilst the second socket daisy chains devices
- ADAT - In addition to the Firewire input and output, the ZED-R16 has 4 ADAT optical sockets
- MIDI software control - the MIDI section on the ZE ZED-R has been designed to control software transport
- Monitor section - the ZED-R has two signal paths for monitoring
- SONAR LE - provided Free!.