Fostex UR2 Recorder
The UR-2 is the newest in Fostexs line of stereo memory recorders,recording to BWF (WAV) at up to 24 bit/96kHz. Employing FAT 32 disc format, it is easy to process the file transfer to a PC based DAW.
Analog inputs and outputs come in the form of balanced XLR/+4dBu and un-balanced RCA/-10dBV, the digital input and output complies to AES/EBU and S/P DIF digital signal.
The playback functions include Chain Play and Timer Play, making it very useful for live stage performance and sound installation,and external control is possible via parallel remote with D-Sub 25pin and RS-232C serial remote,a USB keyboard and 10-key keyboard can trigger the instant playback start, which is also very useful at a live event, theater and broadcast environments.
The XLR Mic input located on the front panel provides 48V phantom power,essential for use with condenser microphones. The UR-2 can be used not only for recording but also for speech to be mixed with playback source.
To aid visibility a newly employed organic EL display is featured, giving an extremely clear view of the systems status.
- 2 sets SD card slots and a USB host connector for alternate recording/playback among the different media.
- Stereo or Mono WAV (BWF) recording to SD card (also SDHC) and USB storage device
- Fs: 44.1/48/88.2/96kHz, Quantization: 16/24bit
- High speed file transfer with PC via USB 2.0 (bi-directional)
- Employing FAT32 format, it allows to directly mount the recorded files to PC.
- It adapts to a wide variety of use environment by offering Chain Play and Memory Play.
- Timer Play and Power ON Play enable automatic playback start for such as chime and repetitive announcement, which are convenient in the installation audio industry.
- The play mode list employs CSV file format so that it is easy to edit by a text editor or spread sheet program software on PC.
- 99 Cue points with locate function. Waveform display under Scrub mode offers easy and visual Cue point setting
- Microphone input with P48V available on the front panel. Not only for recording but for speech to be mixed with playback source.
- Analog I/O with balanced XLR and un-balanced RCA pin jacks, Digital I/O with XLR connectors
- An organic EL display offers high visibility.
- Remote transport control via Foot SW, Parallel remote pot (Dsub 25pin) and RS-232C (D-sub 9pin)
- External USB keyboard can be used not only for file name editing but for transport control such as REC and PLAY.