Soundcraft GB4 32 Live Sound Mixer
The Soundcraft GB4 32 was designed by Graham Blyth for Soundcrafts 30th anniversary last year, with great care taken in the design from the ground up to take advantage of all the high quality developments that have taken place over the companys history.
The GB Series also shares the stylish looks of the MH4, MH3 and LX7ii consoles, continuing a strong family look and feel across the range.
The GB4 32 is designed for installations such as churches and performance venues, or for larger touring sound systems. The dual-mode topology implemented to such success on the MH3 and MH4 desks allows the GB4 to be used on FOH or monitor duties, with fader control of group or aux outputs.
The conventional and intuitive layout is augmented by some unique mechanical features. The rugged steel chassis has a sloping rear connector panel so that it is easier to configure from the front of the desk, while the integral power supply has a link option for an external back-up PSU.
To allow several channels to be muted simultaneously 4 mute groups are included,and another unique facility is the limiter on a set of dedicated record outputs that makes it easier to create a stereo recording of the mix.
The console also features an output matrix with seven feeds to four outputs, being fed from the group busses and main L, R and C (mono) outputs.
Features include` ..
- 32 mono input channels with GB30 Preamps
- 2 full feature stereo channels
- 2 stereo returns
- 8 Aux sends (4 are pre/post switchable)
- 4 sub groups (SWAP with Auxes 1-4)
- 7x4 output matrix
- Record output with limiter
- GB30 mic preamp and precision equalization circuitry
- Direct outputs on every channel
- Talkback facility
- 100mm faders
- Switchable 48V phantom powering on every channel
- 18dB/octave high pass filter
- 4 mute groups
- 12-segment LED metering
- Width x Height x Depth = 1300mm (51.17) x 656mm (25.83) x 159mm (6.26)
- Weight = 32kg (70.5lbs)