SOUNDCRAFT GB8-40 LIVE SOUND MIXER
The Soundcraft GB8 40 is already a popular choice for live sound professionals, with venues such as Liverpools Cavern Club, South Londons Bedford venue,and many many more taking advantage of the GB8 range. Great care has been taken in the design from the ground up to take advantage of all the high quality developments that have taken place over the companys history. All input modules are constructed with individual vertically-mounted pcbs, fitted to the steel chassis front panel with individually-nutted potentiometers.
The GB Series also shares the stylish looks of the MH4, MH3 and LX7ii consoles, continuing a strong family look and feel across the range.
The GB8 40 is designed for installations such as churches and performance venues, or for large touring sound systems. The dual-mode topology implemented to such success on the MH3 and MH4 desks allows the GB8 to be used on FOH or monitor duties, with fader control of group or aux outputs. Additional features over the GB4 include a 1kHz oscillator and a meter bridge with three led meters that very closely emulate the ballistics of VU meters.
The conventional and intuitive layout is augmented by some unique mechanical features. The rugged steel chassis has a sloping rear connector panel so that it is easier to configure from the front of the desk, while the integral power supply has a link option for an external back-up PSU.
To allow several channels to be muted simultaneously 4 mute groups are included,and another unique facility is the limiter on a set of dedicated record outputs that makes it easier to create a stereo recording of the mix.
The console also features an output matrix with seven feeds to four outputs, being fed from the group busses and main L, R and C (mono) outputs.
- 40 mono input channels with GB30 preamps
- 4 full feature stereo channels
- 4 stereo returns
- 8 Aux sends (all are pre/post switchable)
- 8 sub groups (SWAP with all 8 Auxes)
- 11x4 output matrix
- Record output with limiter
- Alternate stereo output with limiter
- 1kHz oscillator
- Meterpod with 3 high definition LED VU meters (L/C/R)
- Internal jumpers switch pre-fade Aux sends to pre-EQ
- GB30 mic preamp and precision equalisation circuitry
- Direct outputs on every channel
- Talkback facility
- 100mm faders
- Switchable 48V phantom powering on every channel
- 18dB/octave high pass filter
- 4 mute groups
- 12-segment LED metering
- Width x Height x Depth = 1666mm (65.59") x 656mm (25.83) x 159mm (6.26)
- Weight = 40kg (88.2lbs)